9 MONTHS, 5 BACKPACKS, 4 CONTINENTS, 3 KIDS, 1 HUSBAND.'I have an idea...' This is the story of how a family spent an ordinary nine months in an extraordinary way: circumnavigating the earth to see, firsthand, the places they’ve always wanted to explore. Through paper lanterns in Thailand, three-foot-wide Venetian passageways, the community of strangers in Zimbabwe, and beyond, Tsh Oxenreider unearths the dance between wanderlust and rootedness; how to be both lost and at home in the world. “Sacred ordinariness,” she writes, “can be found anywhere on the globe.” Order TodayWhere Should You Travel Next?
What type of weather is your favorite?
Get the Book Club Guide!
Read At Home in the World in your book club. Download this free guide full of 45 questions written by Tsh, 6 international recipes to serve at your gathering, and a link to a global playlist.
(You’ll also get occasional short email updates from Tsh—unsubscribe at any time.)
Meet Tsh Oxenreider
Not too long ago, Tsh’s husband looked at her one evening after the kids had gone to bed and said, “Let’s do this—let’s finally buy the tickets and hit the road.” It was time to embark on a dream they’d been planning for years: to travel around the world with their three kids and discover places new and old. And so, they did. They each strapped on a backpack and headed westbound, first for Asia.
Traveling taught Tsh more about home than she ever imagined.
Tsh is the author of Notes from a Blue Bike and Organized Simplicity, the founder of the community blog The Art of Simple, and the podcaster behind The Simple Show. Her writing has been featured in the Washington Post, CNN, Real Simple magazine, and more. A Longhorn graduate of the University of Texas, where she studied English and anthropology, Tsh currently lives just outside Austin, Texas with her family and eats tacos several times a week. HI!
Fellow Wanderers & Homebodies
In the News:
• Bustle: 11 New Travel Memoirs to Inspire Your Adventures in 2017
• Nesting Place: When You Love to Travel & You Love Being At Home
• Sorta Awesome Show Podcast: 10 Tips for Traveling Bliss with Tsh Oxenreider
• Courage & Clarity Podcast: Your Life’s Purpose, Simplicity & World Travels with a Family
• Courage & Clarity Podcast: Exactly How to Take Your Business & Family On the Road
• That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs Podcast: World Traveler. Great Friend.
• Pantsuit Politics: Global Citizenship with Tsh Oxenreider
• Austin American Statesman: Ever think about taking a global trip with the kids?
• The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey Podcast: Episode #134 with Tsh Oxenreider
• Christian Market: March 2017 Issue – New Releases: Memoirs & Biographies
• Booklist Review
• Notes on Bookmarks: Author Interview – Tsh Oxenreider
• Austin Woman Magazine May 2017: Pack Mentality
• Austin American Statesman: Local Bestseller List
• Dear Daughters Podcast: Tsh Oxenreider | The Art of Simple
• Real Style: Travel Books to Read Before Your Next Adventure
• The Shauna Niequist Podcast: Episode 01 – Tsh Oxenreider
• Recapture Self Podcast: Episode 234 – Creativity in Living Simply: Tsh Oxenreider
• Coffee with The Author: Tsh Oxenreider
• TODAY Parents: Travel With Kids: The 6 Keys to Keeping Your Sanity
• Smarter Travel: 10 New Spring 2017 Books You Can Read at the Airport (or Anywhere Else)
• Travel with Hawkeye: Ep 9 – Actor Hector Elizondo on his travels, Tsh Oxenreider on traveling the world with her kids and the Mystery of Gargoyles
• Austin Monthly: 7 Page-Turning Reads From Austin Authors
• Peter Greenberg Worldwide: Virtuoso Summit, Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, Canada
• Modern Mrs. Darcy: 2017 Summer Reading Guide
• Ann Voskamp: The #1 Key when deciding How to Make a Home
• The New York Times: Destinations Await in the Summer’s Best Travel Books
• Seminary Dropout 161: Tsh Oxenreider, Author of At Home in the World
• Young House Love Has a Podcast: Episode #51 Why We Want to Tear the Deck Off Our House
• Chrystal’s Chronicles Podcast: #116 Reflections on Traveling the Globe – Tsh Oxenreider