Celebrating Advent shouldn’t be complicated.
It’s the latest forthcoming book from bestselling author Tsh Oxenreider and releases fall 2020, with Harvest House Publishers.
You can enjoy the book’s first week a whole year early — free, for the 2019 Advent season.
Enter your email address, and you’ll get your free copy of week one in your inbox:
What is Advent?
The word ‘Advent’ comes from the Latin word ‘adventus,’ which means coming, or visit.
It’s the season of preparation before Christmas, when the global Church recognizes the time of expectant waiting and preparation for both the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus and the eventual time when Christ will, one day, make all things new.
When is Advent?
In 2019, Advent starts on December 1 and ends on December 24.
It always begins the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day, so the specific dates change from year to year.
Shadow & Light Resources
Week 1 Art
- Day 1: When Dark Gives Way to Light (2018), by Meena Matocha
- Day 2: Jesus Hears Mary’s Song (2018), by Mike Moyers
- Day 3: Christ of the Breadlines (1930s), by Fritz Eichenberg
- Day 4: The Shepherds Went to See the Baby (1998), Dinah Roe Kendall
- Day 5: The Anunciation (1616), by Jacques Bellange
- Day 6: José y Maria (2014), by Everett Patterson
- Day 7: Mary and Joseph Look with Faith on the Child Jesus at his Nativity (1995), by Elizabeth Wang
About the Author
Tsh Oxenreider is the bestselling author of several books, most notably At Home in the World, her travel memoir about her family’s year traveling around the world and living out of backpacks. She’s also a top-ranked podcaster, coach, and travel guide, and lives in Georgetown, Texas with her husband and three children. She is equally happy putzing around her backyard, snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef with her family, and standing in a chilly line in New York City for cheap Broadway tickets with her teenage daughter.
Head here to get her free weekly email called 5 Quick Things.